Are you having trouble sticking to a sensible eating plan because you’re always in the go or it’s just too much hassle? Dieting takes a surprising amount of planning and calculating. That’s why so many companies are offering diet plans that are designed to take the guesswork out of weight management. But, such plans may offer more than just convenience.
What Kinds of Diet Meals Are Available?
Managed meal plans are nothing new, but there’s a wider range than ever before. They’ve gone from relatively boring and tasteless low-cal selections with a limited range of possibilities to gourmet, daily dinners that can be supplemented with fresh produce. Diet meal plans come in several different varieties, and the sheer array has lowered the prices while increasing availability. Pre-packaged meals are big business, and they’ll up the ante to get yours.
Most of the companies are available online, where you can customize your choices and arrange delivery on a schedule that’s suitable for you. You can find plans to provide one or two pre-packaged, microwaveable meals delivered every day, meal kits that are portioned out and ready for you to assemble and cook or companies that will deliver all of your snacks and meals for the week at one time. They’re like having the prepared food section of your supermarket delivered straight to your own home.
What Are the Advantages?
Other than the convenience of not having to stop by there supermarket, there are several advantages to signing on with a diet meal delivery company.
– You don’t have to think about what’s for lunch or dinner; it’s already done.
– Many plans are all-inclusive, so you don’t have to purchase anything extra. Most times, you just need a place to heat them up.
– They’re a great solution if you’re always on the run and don’t have time to shop or cook.
– You’re less likely to give in to temptation.
– It’s a great way to keep on track if you’re going on vacation. Just pack up your meals and take them with you. Most hotels have a microwave right in the room.
– You don’t have to count calories or measure portions, it’s already done for you.
– You won’t think about food as much and can focus on living.
Are There Any Drawbacks?
Of course, nothing is perfect, so there are a few drawbacks. The first one is the cost. Some companies require a membership, so you’ll pay a monthly fee whether you order meals that week or not. Other possible disadvantages include:
– Cost. Even if you don’t choose a group that requires a monthly membership fee, the individual meals can be pricey.
– You’re not going to learn much about healthy eating or making good food choices if everything is done for you. This make make post-goal maintenance and self-regulation difficult during your transition.
– Plans are usually only for one person, so you may still have to deal with family dinners.
– The flavor of already prepared foods may become a little boring.
– You may miss the joy of cooking.
All in all, pre-planned and packaged diet foods are a great way to begin and stick to a diet. They offer sustainable weight loss, which is the foundation for long-term stability. The average dieter loses about 1 – 3 pounds per week, which is the recommended range. You might think of packaged meals as a training plan. You’ll be able to see what food combinations are possible, know what a reasonable portion looks like and use your delivered meals as the basis for food shopping and meal planning once you’ve reached your weight loss goal.
If pre-protioned, ready-made diet meals look like a good solution for you, search around to find a company that’s within your budget, offers a lot of variety and follows a plan you can stick to without feeling deprived.